Drink of the Month
Cranberry SparklerDry out January? No way! Not when we can mix up this batch of loveliness.
- 1 cup cranberries, preferably frozen
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup cranberry vodka
- 1-750mL bottle of prosecco or champagne
- 2 cups cranberry ginger ale, or more, as desired
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- lemon lime soda such as ginger ale, sprite or 7 Up
- Rosemary sprigs
- Fill pitcher half full with ice.
- Add cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
- Add cranberry vodka.
- Add sparkling wine.
- Add simple syrup
- Top off to taste with lemon lime soda
- Flavor varieties - you can use orange, lemon or lime vodka in place of cranberry vodka.
- Use cranberries as an anchor for the sprig of rosemary.
- If you are looking for a lighter cocktail (think brunch) substitute cranberry juice for the vodka.
- Regular or diet lemon lime soda both work fine.
- Make decorative ice cubes ahead of time for a festive touch.
- Use vodka instead of water for ice cubes - they won't water down your drink AND they freeze a bit clearer than water