Estimated Arrival: 7 to 15 days *ETA to USA Only (excluding Hawaii and Alaska)
Riedel Sommeliers Burgundy Grand Cru Wine Glass, Clear
Style Name: Burgundy
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 9.75 inches
- Item Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Manufacturer: Riedel
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- Item model number: 4400/16
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Date First Available: August 15, 2002
- Hand-made, fine crystal wine glass - single stem
- Capacity is 37 ounces and the glass height is 9 3/4 inches
- The large bowl allows the bouquet to develop to the full, while the slightly flared top lip maximizes the fruit flavors by directing a precise flow onto the front palate
- All hand-made items are made in the European Economic Community
- Dishwasher Safe
Style Name:Burgundy This glass was described by Decanter magazine as "The finest Burgundy glass of all time, suitable for both young and old Burgundies." Its shape, developed in 1958, represented a quantum leap in terms of wine glass design - and has earned it a place in the permanent display of the New York Museum of Modern Art. This 'beautiful monster' of a glass can take apart a lesser wine, mercilessly showing up its weaknesses. But a great wine - a top-class Burgundy, Barolo or Barbaresco - will be revealed in all its glory. The large bowl allows the bouquet to develop to the full, while the slightly flared top lip maximizes the fruit flavors by directing a precise flow onto the front palate. Certain wines and grape varieties require this type of controlled delivery. By ensuring that the fruit is highlighted while using the marked acidity of the wine to keep the flavors in balance, this is a glass that produces a superbly three-dimensional 'taste picture'.